Letters of Recommendation
Welcome to the lesson on ‘Letters of Recommendation‘. In this lesson you’ll learn about how these letters can really give you an advantage in your application. You’ll learn tips on who to ask, when to ask, and how to ask for them!
This Lesson Has 6 Tasks
- Read our Article on Letters of Recommendation. This will give you plenty of information to prepare for medical school.
- Assignment 1: Create a list of the people and their professions who you are currently asking for your Letters of Recommendation for college.
- Assignment 2: Look at a site like Interfolio. When applying to medical school you may need to use a site like this to collect your letters.
- Assignment 3: How to Land the Ideal Letter of Recommendation : NCCWSL Read this article that covers 10 tips on LoRs. This will help reinforce the content of our article!
- Assignment 4: Dr. Frederick’s really great site has an article specifically for how to request LoR’s over email! Something that may be useful in a virtual environment… Socially Awkward Premed Part 2: Request a Letter of Recommendation via Email – Premed Revolution
- Take the Exam Below!
You are allowed to refer to your materials while taking the exam. Remember you need a minimum score of 80% to pass the exam, but you are allowed to complete as many retakes as you want.
You can also ask for help on your exam! You can ask for help in the High School Mentoring group or on the activity feed.
`Nate & Ali
(To see if you passed click ‘View Score’ a passing grade here is 4/5 Total Points. Click Submit Another Response to Retake)