|Research Experience / Publications
Current research topics:
- Treatment of bipolar disorder with psychotic features in the setting of familial long QT syndrome.
- Suicidality in premenstrual dysphoric disorder: a case study.
- Psychiatric sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
- Johnson MJ & Penmetcha R. (2019). Atypical presentation of STEMI with pericardial effusion causing cardiac tamponade relatedÂ to malignancy. British Journal of Cardiology. 26(4). DOI:10.5837/bjc.2019.037.
– Case study of a patient who presented with a STEMI and cardiac tamponade, but in the absence of a type-A aortic dissection, which was eventually found to be due to an undiagnosed lung malignancy that metastasized to the pericardium/fluid.
- Johnson MJ, Pierce JD, Mavandadi S, Klaus J, Defelice D, Ingram E & Oslin DW. (2015). Mental health symptom severity in cannabis using and non-using Veterans with probable PTSD. Journal of Affective Disorders. 190. DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2015.10.048.
– Conducted a cross-sectional study to determine the relationship between severity of PTSD symptoms, other common co-morbid conditions, and socio-economic backgrounds to self-reported cannabis usage.
- Siu G, Shor D & Johnson MJ. Rehabilitation in a patient with new onset Parkinson Disease after combined liver and kidney transplantation. 14th ISPRM World Congress & 53rd AAP Annual Meeting; 4-9 March 2020; Orlando, FL.
- Agaron S, Madan V, Xie J, Halivni HB, Anwar K, Xu KX, Johnson MJ & Gupta A. Project POPPY (Princeton Opioid Project for Pain in Youth and Adults). Presented at: Princeton University on 09 May 2019, Princeton, NJ.
- Johnson MJ & Penmetcha R. Atypical presentation of STEMI with pericardial effusion causing cardiac tamponade related to malignancy. Poster presented at: RowanSOM on 02 May 2019; Stratford, NJ.
- Johnson MJ, Pierce JD, Mavandadi S, Klaus J, Defelice D, Ingram E & Oslin DW. Mental health symptom severity in cannabis using and non-using Veterans with probable PTSD. Poster presented at: APA Annual Convention; 06 August 2016; Denver, CO.